Terms & Conditions
Woz U Foundation and Web Site and any communications service, including the capability to contribute material through the contribution form (each such submission, a “Contribution”), chat room, message board, newsgroup, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the Woz U Foundation and site (collectively, the “Services”) are provided to you solely for entertainment and informational purposes. By using the Woz U Foundation, Web Site and Services you agree: (a) to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the subscription form, the Contribution form and any registration form(s). If any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Woz U Foundation reserves the right to terminate your subscription and refuse any and all current or future use by you of the Services.
Without limitation of the foregoing, you agree to not use the Woz U Foundation, Web Site or Services to:
- Upload, post, publish, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, including any Contribution, (collectively, “Content”), that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, embarrassing, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful;
- “Stalk” another;
- Upload, post, publish, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any Content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Woz U Foundation official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted to or through the Woz U Foundation or Web Site;
- Upload, post, publish, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, publish, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or confidentiality rights of any party;
- Upload, post, publish, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “Spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, publish, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other similarly destructive activity, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in the Woz U Foundation, Web Site or Services;
- Engage in any activity that is contrary to or which would adversely affect the purpose or intention of the Woz U Foundation, Web Site or Services, including but not limited to, actually or attempting to manipulate, corrupt or otherwise affect the outcome of the Services, in whole or part, by, among other methods, subscribing another party without their authorization or registering multiple subscriptions under the same or different names;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
You also agree that you will not harvest, collect or store information about the users of the Woz U Foundation, Web Site or the Content posted by others on the Woz U Foundation, Web Site or use such information for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of the Woz U Foundation, Web Site or for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic mail or communications.
You acknowledge that Woz U Foundation is not responsible for material submitted to Woz U Foundation or posted to the Woz U Foundation or Web Site by users. Woz U Foundation does not pre-screen, monitor, review or edit the Content posted by users. However, Woz U Foundation and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) at their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content, in whole or part, that, in Woz U Foundation’s judgment, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise undesirable, inappropriate or inaccurate. Woz U Foundation is not responsible for any failure, non-failure or delay in removing such Content. You will remain responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of such submitted material, including any Contribution or part thereof, or other communication to Woz U Foundation. You agree to immediately notify Woz U Foundation of any unauthorized use of the Service or any other breach of security known or suspected by you.
Mobile / Wireless Policy
In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your provider’s standard messaging rates apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence. No more than two messages per day per SMS subscription will be sent. All mobile and wireless charges applicable to your use of the Web Site or the Services are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider.
We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS basis.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your provider’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us. We will never share this information with a third party.
Restrictions On Use of Material
The content on the Woz U Foundation and Web Site is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only. Except as expressly permitted, you agree not to use the Woz U Foundation or Web Site for sale, trade or other commercial purposes, and, you may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or in any way exploit the content of the Woz U Foundation or Web Site. Only if you obtain prior written consent from us — and from all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property — may you publish, display or commercially exploit any material from the Woz U Foundation or Web Site. To seek our permission, you may write to us at our address provided below. If permission is granted by us and by all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property, you may not change or delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice.
You must abide by all additional copyright notices or other restrictions contained on the Woz U Foundation or Web Site.
In operating the Woz U Foundation and site, Woz U Foundation does not solicit nor does it wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Web Site or Woz U Foundation mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way. Any information or material submitted or sent to Woz U Foundation, will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to Woz U Foundation you represent and warrant that the information is original to you and that no other party has any rights to the material.
User’s Grant Of Limited License
By communicating with Woz U Foundation, including submitting or sending Content, a Contribution or other information or material to the Woz U Foundation or Web Site, you grant Woz U Foundation the royalty-free, unrestricted, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part), including any information, suggestions, ideas, drawings or concepts contained in such Content, worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Such license includes incorporating a Contribution, in whole or in part, into a Woz U Foundation feature. You will remain responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of such submitted material, including any Contribution or part thereof, or other communication to Woz U Foundation.
You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been waived.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials contained in the Woz U Foundation and Web Site are the copyrighted property of Woz U Foundation and its affiliates or licensors. As between Woz U Foundation and you, Woz U Foundation is the sole owner of all content on the Woz U Foundation and Web Site, including without limitation, all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights thereto. Except as otherwise specifically provided in these Terms and Conditions, you may not download or save a copy of the Woz U Foundation or Web Site or any portion thereof, for any purpose. You may, however, print a copy of individual screens appearing as part of the Woz U Foundation or Web Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use or records, provided that any marks, logos or other legends that appear on the copied screens remain on, and are not removed from the printed or stored images of such screens. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content of the Linked Sites is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
Woz U Foundation and Web Site are not intended to be a children’s site, therefore, some of the available information may concern topics that may not be appropriate for children. Woz U Foundation may, at its discretion, require users under 18 to obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to view certain content, and Woz U Foundation may limit access to certain content to users above a specified age. You agree to abide by any such restrictions, and not to help anyone avoid those restrictions.
Woz U Foundation items are selected by our editors. No one can pay to be featured on Woz U Foundation. That’s what advertising is for, and it’s always labeled as such. Selling ourselves (literally) would destroy the legitimacy, integrity, and fun of Woz U Foundation. Plus, we’d never earn your trust that way. That said, on occasion, we will send out “advertorial” e-mails on behalf of sponsors. You’ll recognize them from the subject line, which will indicate that the email is advertorial. Advertorial emails are paid for. When you sign up for Woz U Foundation you are agreeing not only to get our content delivered to you free, but also to occasionally receive one of these advertorial e-mails from our sponsors. If you would prefer not to get these e-mails, just unsubscribe from all editions of Woz U Foundation (unfortunately you won’t be getting -any- Woz U Foundation e-mails any more).